Part-Time – Corner Brook, NL
The Corner Brook Steering Committee of Municipalities Newfoundland and Labrador is seeking a Project Coordinator to facilitate the WelcomeNL initiative, funded through the Labour Market Partnerships Program of the Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour. The Project Coordinator will be an organized self-starter who works well independently as well as a part of a team. He or she will have strong communication skills and competent abilities with word processing and spreadsheet software. The Project Coordinator will have experience working in multicultural or intercultural settings and an interest in the settlement of newcomers in our region. An understanding of the current strategies related to immigration as well as existing settlement services in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and Western Newfoundland region would be considered assets.
The Project Coordinator will carry out duties including (but not limited to) the following:
- Working in collaboration with community partners to organize and deliver multicultural/diversity-themed events and programs in the Western NL region
- Creating and delivering presentations for external events and community groups
- Attending and actively participating in community events to promote the Welcome NL initiative
- Identifying emerging issues and best practices to be shared with community partners, and providing recommendations to improve existing programming
- Helping to connect newcomers to a wide array of existing community supports including language and employment services, child and youth supports, secondary/post-secondary institutions, community agencies, professional and social services, volunteer programming, etc.
- Identifying and building community partnerships to ensure newcomers are accessing existing services
- Participating in meetings, conferences and professional learning as well as representing MNL/WelcomeNL, as requested, on committees and working groups
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and statistics
The successful candidate will hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a field related to the arts and social sciences or will hold sufficient, relevant work and/or volunteer experience. The contract will be until March 2020 and the position will require 20 hours per week with a rate of pay at $22.50 per hour. Some flexibility and occasional weekend/evening work will be required. To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf format to [email protected] by Monday, July 23rd at 5:00PM NST.